If you like to stay constantly connected and in communication with your friends,you probably use WhatsApp. And you may be very skilled at using the App, either when creating conversation groups; or when you quickly get the most appropriate gifs and stickers for every moment. But, something you can’t forget about; is to learn how to update WhatsApp for your mobile device. Because if you forget to always keep this great App up to date, you will be presented with several inconveniences when it comes to fully using it.
And you don’t have to worry about which operating system you use on your Smartphone. In this guide we bring you the steps you need to take to update WhatsApp on Android devices, iPhone and Windows Phone. Showing you how to enable automatic updates for each of them, in case you don’t want to carry out manual updates whenever they are available.
Steps to Update WhatsApp for Mobile with Android OS.
Resumen del contenido
[misamoneditas_mosaic idpost=”195,687,974,1008,1014,1052,1069,1088,1097,1160,1387,1378,1417,1443,1467,1456″ titlepost=”195,Descargar WhatsApp|687,Actualizar GBWhatsapp Plus|974,Actualizar Whatsapp Plus|1008,Actualizar WhatsApp Transparente|1014,Actualizar WhatsApp Messenger|1052,Actualizar WhatsApp para Móvil|1069,Actualizar WhatsApp Móvil Android|1088,Actualizar WhatsApp para iPhone|1097,Actualizar WhatsApp Web para PC y Tablet|1097,Actualizar WhatsApp Web|1160,GBWhatsApp con APK|1387,WhatsApp Messenger para Android|1378,WhatsApp Messenger para Movil y Tablets|1417,WhatsApp Messenger para iPhone|1443,WhatsApp Messenger para PC|1467,Descargar e Instalar YOWhatsApp APK|1456,WhatsApp Plus” images=”n” orderby=”title”]
As you will notice from this moment on, updating this App is extremely simple. In fact, you only have to carry out seven steps to update WhatsApp on your Mobile with Android operating system. And even, in addition to these steps; We’re also going to show you how to turn on automatic updates to your Android so you never have to worry about updating your Apps manually.
- Open the Google Play Store. The first thing you need to do is open the Google app store. This usually comes pre-installed on most Android devices. If this is not the case, then you should search for it and download it from your preferred web browser.
- Displays the Options Menu . Right after opening the Play Store you can access the Options Menu. This unfolds when you swipe the screen by tapping the left to the right. Another way to display this menu is by pressing its respective button, which is located at the top left of the screen and is composed of three horizontal lines.
- Select My apps and games. Several options appear in the displayed menu. In this case we go to the first one that is my apps and games.
- Search for WhatsApp. Now we’ll be coming out of the play store’s home screen to move on to a brand new one. In this new section we will find a list with the applications and games that have some pending update. Look for the WhatsApp App in this list, if you can’t find it it’s because it may already be fully updated.
- Press the Update button. In case if you find the WhatsApp in the list, on its right you will see that it is accompanied by a button to Update. Press that button to get the Play Store to start downloading and installing the new version. If you get an insufficient space message right after you click, you won’t be able to perform that update until you free up memory space.
- Press the Update Allbutton. Optionally to the previous step, another thing you can do is click the Update All button that appears in the top right of the list. This option allows you to update at the same time; all the apps and games that appear in the list, not just WhatsApp.
- Restart the App. To finish updating WhatsApp on your Android Mobile, we recommend closing and reopening the App in case you had it open during the update process. This ensures that changes are applied correctly.
Enable automatic WhatsApp updates on an Android
Most mobile apps, including WhatsApp; release security updates every week. But you may not like the idea of having to perform these steps week after week. But, in case you didn’t know; it is completely possible to enable automatic WhatsApp updates on an Android. That is, it is possible to configure the Google app store so that it is automatically the person who takes care of it; to manage each and every update released for each App.
This can be done by following only five steps:
- Open the Play Store.
- Displays the Options Menu .
- Select Settings. If before we told you that My apps and games is the first option of the menu, we clarify that Settings is the eighth option and, depending on the length of your mobile; should be visible at the bottom without having to lower the screen.
- Tap Automatically update apps. Now you’ll be sent to another screen. Here you will find several aspects to configure; but just tap on Automatically update apps.
- Turn on the settings you want. After the above a small window will appear indicating three possible configuration options. One is for“Do not update apps automatically”. The other two are the ones we are interested in, since one is to activate the automatic updates“By means of any network“; while the other to activate them“Wi-Fi only”. The latter is highlighted in bold because we find the most convenient, since the previous option consumes mobile data packets as long as you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Update WhatsApp for Mobile with iOS.
For many highly experienced users testing mobiles with different operating systems (OS), iPhones turn out to be the most intuitive. Thanks to this anyone can explore its functions and settings without much problems. However, we’re going to tell you what the seven steps are to update WhatsApp for Mobile with iOS. Since you may not have time to spend trying out how to do this on your own.
- Open the App Store. All iPhones come with the App Store (Apple’s app store) pre-installed. Just look it up on the main screen to open it, you will recognize it by its symbol composed of an “A” inside a circle and with a blue background.
- Go to Updates. Unlike the Play Store, the App Store has a menu of options already visible at the bottom of the screen. If you count from left to right, you find the Option updates in fourth or fifth place.
- Search for WhatsApp. Immediately after doing the above, a list of all the apps and games that have a new update will be displayed on a new screen. In that list you should search for your WhatsAppapp.
- Tap Update. After finding WhatsApp you just need to click on the Update button that will have next to it.
- Tap Update All. If you wish, you can choose to update WhatsApp along with the rest of your apps and games at the same time. To do this, simply click the Update All button instead of pressing the Update button that accompanies the name of each App.
- Wait for the process to complete. Regardless of which button you choose to press, the next thing you need to do is wait for the App Store to download and install the new updates. Of course, if you decide to update everything,the process will take longer depending on the number of apps and games you have with pending updates.
- Restart WhatsApp. It is extremely important to close and reopen the WhatsApp so that it restarts in case it was open during the update process. This way you make sure you immediately have the new version.
Enable automatic WhatsApp updates on an iPhone
With an iPhone it is also possible to forget about updating WhatsApp manually every week. The difference is that, while on an Android the settings are made over the Play Store; in this case we must configure automatic updates using the iPhone system itself. So the configuration path is much different from the manual update path.
In this case it is also possible to perform this configuration in just five steps:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings. You will easily recognize this button due to its classic icon symbolized by a gear. Look it up on your iPhone’s home screen and open it.
- Log in to iTunes and App Store. Among the sections that you will find to configure, one of them is the Adjustment; just below you will see the iTunes and App Storeoption. Tap on this option.
- Locate the Automatic Downloadssection. Within iTunes and App Store,find yourself in the Automatic Downloadssection, which is the one that is accompanied by four enableable options.
- Turn on the Updates option. The options you have active in the Automatic Downloads section refer to the items that your iPhone can download and install on its own. Consequently, if you activate the Updates button; all your apps will update automatically as long as they have a new version.
- Turn on the Use mobile data (optional) option. While this button is disabled, all automatic downloads and updates that your iPhone performs; will only be done when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. On the other hand, this button is not highly recommended because it allows your iPhone to make downloads and updates using your mobile data as long as you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Update WhatsApp for Mobile with Windows OS.
Windows Phones may not be as used as Android and iPhones. However, many Smartphone users are loyal Microsoft followers; so they prefer to use these mobiles before any other. For them we have also adapted this guide, so that the most novices can also learn how to update WhatsApp for mobile with Windows 10 operating system. Specifically, you can do this in just seven simple steps.
- Open the Microsoft Store. On the home screen of your Windows Phone, find and open the Microsoft app store. Its icon is symbolized by a shopping bag that has a typical Microsoft window.
- Tap More info. Right at the top of the store search bar, at the top left; you’ll find a More Info button from which an options menu will be displayed.
- Select Downloads & Updates. From the menu that is displayed, select the Downloads and Updates option.
- Search for WhatsApp. At this point you’ll be on a screen showing all the apps and games that you have downloaded and that have an update available. In the list, search for WhatsApp so you can update it.
- Press the Updatebutton. On the right side of each App or game with pending updates, a button is presented to Update each one individually. Press the button that accompanies WhatsApp. Note that if this App does not appear in the list, it is because it is probably already updated to its latest version.
- Press the Update All button (optional). If you are interested in updating other of your apps and video games in addition to WhatsApp, you can choose to click the Update Allbutton. However, this way WhatsApp will take a little longer to update.
- Wait for the process to complete. No matter which option you choose, it’s now just a matter of waiting for the upgrade process to complete. After which it is advisable to restart WhatsApp to ensure that the new changes are applied immediately.
Enable automatic WhatsApp updates on a Windows Phone
As in the case of Android OS Smartphones, automatic updates for a Windows Phone should be activated through the app store and not your system as such. At the end of the day, the important thing is that activating whatsapp automatic updates on a Windows Phone is just as simple as in previous cases. If you’re interested in this setting, you can try it out (and turn it off if you don’t like it) just by following the five steps below.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- Tap More info.
- Go to Settings. When you display the More Informationmenu, select the Settings option to enter it.
- Get in the Application Updatessection. Actually, on virtually all Windows 10 Smartphones; this section is the first section that comes out when you enter Settings. So you’ll be already located in it.
- Turn on the Automatically update appsbutton. In this section you will see an activatable button to update apps automatically. If you slide it to the right you activate it, on the contrary; swiping left you turn it off. Once activated, you no longer have to worry about manually managing updates to your installed apps and games.