The web browser Mozilla Firefox is one of the most used by users worldwide, usually Firefox should be updated automatically, otherwise you will need to update it manually, it is very simple to do so so therefore you do not need great knowledge to update Firefox, in fact you can update it on your computer with Windows,on your iPhone or on your Smartphone with Androidfile, here’s how to do it on every operating system.
How to Update Mozilla Firefox for Windows?
Resumen del contenido
As we have said earlier Firefox on Windows usually updates automatically,although in certain cases the update does not occur and we have to take care of doing it manually, it is a fairly simple process here you we show step by step what you need to do to update Firefox on your computer:
- Open a Mozilla Firefox tab and position yourself in the menu bar right at the top right.
- Then select “About Firefox” which is right in the last situation.
- Firefox will open a pop-up, and a message will appear telling us that updates are being checked for available, if your browser does not have the latest version, then the new update will start to download so that automatic.
- Once this process is complete, continue by clicking the “Restart to Update Firefox”button.
- To finish you only have to wait for the computer to restart, after that you will be able to enjoy the new update on your computer with Windows Operating System.
If you want to configure Mozilla Firefox updates yourself, just follow these steps:
- Open the browser menu and select Firefox Options.
- Then go to the “General” tab and go to the “Firefox Updates”section.
- Once there you will be able to configure the Firefox refresh rate, you can select from the options of: manually or automatically.
How to Update Mozilla Firefox for Mac?
To update Mozilla Firefox on Mac computers you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and look for the “About Firefox” option in the main menu.
- Firefox will search for updates after the version that your browser has, if you have updates available Mozilla will do the update automatically on your Mac computer.
- Once this process is complete, you must restart the browser. And you’ll have Mozilla Firefox updated to its latest version.
How to Update Mozilla Firefox for Linux Computers?
Linux is a free software operating system,and to make the most of it let’s explain how to perform the Mozilla Firefox update, just follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is try it from the package manager,however in some cases the latest update of the programs does not appear in the manager, therefore you must do so from the browser.
- Open a browser tab and search the top menu for the “About Firefox”option.
- When we try to search for a Firefox update automatically detects an improvement to be performed.
- After that you will start downloading and installing a new version of Firefox.
- Once it is complete it will ask you to restart the program, it can be automatically or manually.
- To finish just log in again in the main menu tab and check if the browser was updated under “About Firefox”.
How to Update Mozilla Firefox on Android?
If you own Firefox on your Android Smartphone you just need to log in to the Google Play Store and Firefox will show you that there is an update available, to do this follow the steps below:
- Open a tab of your Mozilla Firefox browser on Android.
- Then select in the upper corner the “Settings”option, if you do not get this option go to the “More”section.
- You will see the option of “About Firefox” and below the Firefox logo, there you will find the version that is installed, there you can see a message indicating that there is an update available.
- Otherwise, you need to open the Google Play Store on your mobile and select the menu in the top corner.
- There look for the option of “My Apps”,there you will have a list with all your Apps, look for Firefox.
- After you find the Firefox App you will see the “Update” option to have an update available.
- Click on “Update” to start the Firefox update on your mobile, once finished it will give you the option to open, this means that Mozilla Firefox has been successfully updated and is ready to use.