If you are a loyal follower of everything that has to do with Microsoft, and you also love to be always connected with your family and friends; then you will be interested to know how to update Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone. In this way you will always be up to date with the latest news that this application brings us over time. Its popularity has grown so much, that for years it is also available for Smartphones with Windows OS.
If you have a Windows Phone, you use Facebook Messenger on a daily basis and don’t know anything about updates; stay with us that we will show you what you need to know to keep your Messenger always updated.
Steps to update Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone
Resumen del contenido
Before proceeding, you should know that Facebook Messenger has lost its support for Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1 computers since the end of March 2017. In other words, if you have one of these computers, you probably can’t now download Messenger or update it anymore if it still works for you. In fact, it is expected that by the end of this year both versions of Windows Phone will completely lose their access to the Microsoft app store.
In conclusion, only Windows Phone 10 computers will be able to process updates. If you have one of these computers, then pay attention to the following steps that we tell you to update Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone:
- On the home screen, find and open the Microsoft Store by clicking on its icon.
- At the top and left of the screen, find and tap More info;which is an identified button with three horizontal rests arranged on top of each other.
- You’ll see an options panel displayed from the left to the right. Among them, select the Downloads and Updatesoption.
- A new screen will open showing all your games and Apps with pending updates. Search for Messenger in the list and polish the Update button on your right side.
- Finally, you just have to wait for the new version to install to close the store and continue to enjoy Facebook Messenger.
- OPTIONAL: If you have multiple Apps and/or games in the list, you can update them all instead of just Messenger by selecting the Update Allbutton.
In case Messenger doesn’t appear in the Downloads & Updateslist, it might be that the App is already updated to its latest version. However, this may also be due to the Microsoft store of your Smartphone; I’m doing your last search for automatic updates just before a new version of Messenger came out. In this possible scenario, it is always advisable to make use of the Check for updatesoption; you can see it at the top right of this screen (Downloads and Updates).
Turn on automatic Windows Phone updates
In the previous paragraph we mentioned a key point that might interest you: that of automatic updates. If you notice that your Facebook Messenger is always up to date,it’s probably because your mobile’s Microsoft Store has this option set. Which is a great advantage as long as you can completely forget about this topic.
If this is not the case, but you are interested in activating automatic updates; you can follow the instructions below to do so right now:
- Open the Microsoft Store from the home screen of your Windows Phone.
- Now, display the options menu by selecting the More Infobutton; which is located right at the beginning of the search bar, at the top left.
- Among the options that appear to you, go to the Settings.
- The first thing you’ll see on the new screen is a section named App Updates. There you can turn on or off, depending on how you appear preconfigured; Automatically update applicationsoption.
- From now on all your apps, including clear is to Facebook Messenger; they will update automatically every time the Microsoft Store detects new versions available for each of them.
There are at least a couple of important things you need to know. First, automatic updates have their negative lake depending on the particularities of each user. For example, imagine that you are in an online video game or making an important video call; right then Microsoft Store detects and downloads a new update available for one of its heaviest Apps. As a result of that download, your game or call will be affected by data loss.
Second, you should know that if you’re going to turn on automatic updates; Do this by also activating the option just below: Get updates only over Wi-Fi. If you turn on only the first option, updates will consume your mobile data package as long as you’re not connected to a Wi-Fi network. Conversely, with both options enabled your Microsoft store will wait for a Wi-Fi signal to handle automatic updates; which is a saving for your data and your pocket.
Finally, to conclude with this guide on how to update Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone; we clarify that, on the same Settingsscreen; you can do a forced update search for your Apps. At this point you will have noticed the Check for Updatesbutton. This button is very useful since Microsoft Store is not permanently looking for updates, but does so periodically; and by forcing a search you can find an update that will be released right after your last automatic analysis.
Importance of Updating Facebook Messenger on Windows Phone
A mobile phone is a common target of almost any hacker. Although they are not particularly interested in ordinary people, it is always important to keep our data and personal information under protection. And as we know, Messenger is an App that works precisely with these aspects. So most of your updates are aimed at constantly strengthening the security of your platform. So it is evident the importance of keeping Messenger always up to date.
[misamoneditas_mosaic idpost=”1146,1137,1127,807,821,846,830,857,862″ titlepost=”1146,Descargar Messenger en PC|1137,Descargar Messenger en Móvil|1127,Descargar Messenger|807,Actualizar Facebook Messenger|821,Actualizar Facebook Messenger en Android|846,Actualizar Facebook Messenger Lite|830,Actualizar Facebook Messenger en iPhone|857,Actualizar Facebook Messenger PC|862,Actualizar Facebook Messenger en Windows Phone” images=”n” orderby=”title”]