Installing YouTube on a Mobile is something sooner or later everyone ends up doing. It is not enough for this platform to be among the three most popular and used websites worldwide. But it also aims to be one of the most indispensable mobile applications.
In this way, YouTube is positioned in various markets even if it practically maintains the same niche; which is actually quite broad and generic. In addition, being owned by Google; has all the resources necessary to maintain and expand its business power. So it’s almost certain that anyone with a Smartphone will have an interest in installing their YouTube App.
Guide to Installing YouTube on a Mobile
On many occasions, not to mention most of the time; installing YouTube on a mobile is not necessary. This is because almost all Android devices come to market with the YouTube app pre-installed. In these cases, all you’d need to do is make sure it’s updated to the latest version.
However, there are several reasons why you don’t have this App and want to install it. Most of the time, this scenario is due to the purchase of a Chinese Smartphone; that as we well know they can come without certain applications pre-installed by the issue of reducing production costs.
Although it may also be, that for some reason; you’ve removed YouTube and now don’t know how to reinstall their App. In any case, right now we will teach you how to do it quickly, easily and safely.
Five Steps to Installing YouTube on a Mobile
The following five steps are equally used to install YouTube on a Mobile with any operating system. That is, they are not only for Android devices such as Smartphones and Tablets; but also for iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Open the app store. On the home screen of your device, be it an Android or an iOS; you’ll find the app store of it. On Android, the store is called Play Store and its icon is a horizontal triangle of various colors. While on iOS devices, the store is called App Store and its icon is an“A”inside a white circle with a blue background.
- Type YouTube in the searchbar. Both stores have a search bar at the top of their screens. They are usually accompanied by a magnifying glass icon. In any case, tap on it to type YouTube and select the first autocomplete option.
- Select Install. After the above, you will be sent directly to the YouTube homepage. Where you will find all the relevant information of the App as well as reviews and ratings of its users. On this screen you may encounter the “Get” or “Acquire” button, after which the “Install”button appears.
- Wait for the installation to finish: Now you will see how the application starts downloading. When the download is complete, the store automatically starts the installation process. At this point all you can do is wait. Make sure you have a good Internet connection to prevent the file from getting corrupted during the download phase.
- Make sure everything goes well. Right after the YouTube installation is complete on your mobile, the place where the Install button appeared will be occupied by another one whose function is Open. On your right you will see another one to Uninstall. Select Open to verify that the App runs smoothly.
Things to consider
- You can sign in with your Google Account or create a new one. This way YouTube will collect your interests to show you videos that you may really like on the main screen of the App.
- The YouTube app is only available for mobile devices. However, it also has a presentation in web format for computers.
- The only legal method to download music from YouTube is with the YouTube Musicapp. While to download videos the app is YouTube Premium. Both are paid, although the first month is passed as a free trial.
- On the network you can find many free methods to do both. The downside is that they are illegal under YouTube policies, and they could delete your Google Account if they detect you using them.
- These methods are not really free, as they take their profits from a lot of publicity. In some cases they can even be dangerous,since they are a potential source of viruses and other computer threats. One way or another you’ll pay the price.