To be part of Facebook, the first thing you need to do is learn how to download and install Facebook on any of your devices. In addition, you should know that this social network started as a website; so that it could only be used from a browser. However, for many years its developers have created a version in application format; that comes in presentations for both mobile devices and computers and various operating systems.
Facebook is the largest social network that has been developed to this day. Other most famous are Twitter and Instagram. But these barely focus on a specific aspect, such as sharing states or images. While Facebook is characterized by being the most complete social network, offering the possibility to share not only states and images; but also photos, videos, links, private messages, sitckers and much more.
Steps to Download and Install the App on Smartphones
Whether you’re using an Android, iOS, or Windows device; the steps to download and install Facebook on a Smartphone are extremely simple. In addition to that they also work if you carry them out on Tablets with these same operating systems.
- Log in to your device’s app store. It is the Play Store in the case of Android Smartphones and Tablets. While for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch it’s the App Store. Finally, the Microsoft Store is the one you need to open in the case of Windows Phones.
- Find the Facebook app in the store. No matter what your app store is, any of the three have a search bar at the top of the screen accompanied by a magnifying glass symbol. There you have to type Facebook and tap on the magnifying glass to start the search for said App.
- Select the correct result. After tapping on the magnifying glass you will be sent to a screen with the results of your search. The Facebook App should appear first, but in any case you should simply search for it and tap on it(do not confuse it with Facebook Lite). In some cases it could be sent directly to the App screen instead of the results.
- Tap the Installbutton. Once you’re on the Facebook screen (in the store), you’ll see all the information about the app; including the experience and feedback from its users. But the most important thing is that you will find a button to install it.
- Wait for the process to finish: After the above, you will finally start downloading and installing Facebook on your device. In front of which you only have to wait for the process to be completed so that you can enjoy this social network wherever you go.
Steps to Download and Install Facebook on Computers
Certainly, in the case of computers the process is not very different; it doesn’t matter if you have a PC or Laptop running Windows or Mac. For example, for Windows 10, simply open the Microsoft Store and follow virtually the same steps listed above. While, from a Mac; you can download and install Facebook from the Mac App Store; which in turn can be purchased from iTunes.
Another option would be to download and install Facebook using an APK file. However, note that . APK are specially designed for Android operating systems. Although some users have tried with existing that, sometimes; they also turn out to be compatible with other operating systems like Windows 10. If you are interested in this option, click on the link below to Download and Install Facebook APK in its latest available version.
Important things to keep in mind
The first thing to keep in mind is that Facebook, like all other apps; it only works for smart devices with certain operating systems, and secondly; for computers. In any case, you can always use Facebook Web.
On the other hand, you should know that the Web version of Facebook is updated on its own at all times,and it is impossible to advance the process using manual methods. As it is the case of the application, since this way Facebook can be updated manually from the functions of each device. Just like these can be configured to automatically manage Facebook updates.
It is also not other than saying that Facebook, in its application version; does not replace the web version. Since the latter is complete. While the Facebook App does not include chat features. However, there is another App developed by Facebook executives themselves called Messenger,and this one is exclusive to access chat features. If you are interested, we recommend reviewing our entry on How to Download and Install Facebook Messenger.